Unaccompanied Minors (UM) and Young Passengers (YP) Service charges & Procedures
Nepal Airlines Corporation Unaccompanied Minors (UM) and Young Passengers (YP) Service charges & Procedures
Unaccompanied Minors (UM) and Young Passenger (YP) in the RA direct flights between Nepal and Malaysia, India, Qatar, Hong Kong SAR,China, Japan, United Arab Emirates and Thailand.
A. Specific Conditions and charges
- Unaccompanied Minors (UM) and Young Passengers (YP)
- USD 100.00 will be charged each way in RA direct Flights.
- Contact RA Sales Office at least 2 days prior to the travel date for Unaccompanied Minors (UM) and Young Passengers (YP) service request.
- For last moment Unaccompanied Minors (UM) and Young Passenger (YP) service request, contract our Airport Check-in –desk.
B. The eligibility and details of Unaccompanied Minors (UM) and Young Passenger (YP) as below:
RA accepts unaccompanied children and young Passenger on its flights while booking seats for unaccompanied children, booking agents (Staff) should be informed to arrange the formalities required to handle the children on ground or on board.
a. Unaccompanied Minors (UM)
- All children above 5 years and under 12 years travelling above on a firm tickets are considered to be unaccompanied minors (Ums).
- Children less than 5 years will not be accepted for travel unless accompanied by an adult full fare paying passengers of 18 years or an escort service that has been arranged.
- If the escort service is required, advanced arrangement can be made and in such case, RA will charge the guardian with RT air fare including TFC for the assigned airhostess.
- Children will be considered escorted only when accompanied by passenger who 18 years and older and is known relative or friend.
- Ums with reduced mobility will only be accepted for travel if accompanied by an escort.
- These procedure must be compulsorily applied to all unescorted children in the above age group, even if they are not identified in their booking as UMNR and applicable charges will be collected .
b. Young Passengers (YP)
- Young Passenger (YPs) are children between the age of 12 years up to their 16th birthday and travelling alone, whose parents/guardians have specially requested Nepal Airlines for UM/YP service. They are also to be handled as per these procedures